Friday, March 1, 2013

The Long Wait

Apparently, all work commitments have now been met and we can literally forget about work and concentrate solely on The Move. No small words. I am acutely aware that it is among the three worst things a human bean can experience. The others? Death and divorce, in case you are ignorant of this fabled fable.

For me, an idiot, brings with it a host of demons to plague my darkest thoughts. What if I can't get a job? How miserable can I be during the move?

Stress is already showing on both sides and we are visibly attempting to control thoughts of madness at the upheaval. I must keep myself stocked with coffee and Guinness at all times. I managed to squeeze in a 1km swim today as I went to the hospital on a documents errand following Gracie's feline encounter. I announced I would swim again tomorrow, albeit, the only resistance coming from my pitiful self.

The new horizon bears much promise. I am sure Oi's brothers are going to be great to hang out with. I can see my good self instructing them on great Keef Richards reefs and demon Jimmy Hendrix. I wonder how corrupt they are...

Once established, I plan to go all cannibal on the vegetable and exercise front. I plan a future of heavy vegetable juices and long bouts of enforced swim regimes. It's easy and I can do it. And, for an added life achieved secret...it is the key to great health and good feeling. Enriched with concentrated high energy fresh vegetable juices flowing through you, cleaning away and ugly, fat deposits, swimming megathons tone you and give every muscle in your puny body a thorough massage. Yea, I feel elated that at long last I have discovered the perfect diet and exercise for me.

Grace is full time at home now, slightly sick and fairly demanding. It's, "Daddy. Come on. Come on, daddy. DADDY!!! COME ON!!!" Oh the joys! Swimming really helps when kneeling down constantly.

The house is a tad bare these days as things are packed into handy, giant carry bags Thais have mastered.

Got Bowie's new one. The first track sounded like....Bowie, and off it came. I will come back to it, though I was quick to pick up a Black Keyes album. I am sure Tom was offering praise the other night.


Attempting to watch "Taken" which looks highly exciting by watching movies isn't happening with family at present. Grace is hopping about all day and at night I am asleep before she is.

The World? Can I be so blunt? If you listen to a lot of scientists, I am afraid the future is bleak. Though I understand many still disagree. As James Lovelock stated, "Enjoy it while you can." which is what I tend to do. Nothing is more wonderful a task as to serve children, and living in a country as beautiful and diverse as Thailand is a blessed experience, though I don't think I'll be taking anything with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment