Thursday, March 21, 2013

Back Online

Phew!

An enormous move! Oi did a great job of organising everyone and with help from her 2 brothers we packed 2 trucks and left Hat Yai behind us. It was a good ride up and everything went without a hitch. Obviously, it was very tiring it is only now, a week later, that we are starting to feel relaxed again. Oi signed her job and Grace is enrolled to start in Kindergarten year 1 in May. I found a job at one of the main schools in town teaching 14-15 year olds, again starting in May. There is a 50 meter pool at my school which I get to use for free. I also checked out a couple of private teaching places and put my name down for some extra work.

The new house is in an estate. It is rather pleasant and there is a basic playground, a naff pool, a shop and a hairdressers all within the estate grounds. It makes for an easy life.

I have been studying Google Earth to get my bearings and I took a trip to the coast to see the sea. It is quite fantastic, though the weather is incredibly hot right now which prevents any major excursions.

Internet just got connected and we are nearly at 100%. Just a blocked drain to fix and the water just suddenly stopped, a regular thing in Thailand.

People here seem friendly and there is not a lot of traffic on the roads. So glad, as Hat Yai traffic was making me seriously unhappy. It's very rural here and riding around the country lanes among the farmland is great fun.

More later...

1 comment:

  1. So glad the move went well Jim! Love to Gracie and Oi :)

    ReplyDelete