Saturday, March 23, 2013

Gaming

Those who know me know that I love games, though almost no one ever speaks to me on the subject as no one I know shares the same hobby, with exception to Kyle in Bangkok and Joel.

Anyway, for one reason or another gaming has been coming back to me, either because I am increasingly isolated in my existence, or that the Ipad is such a great gaming device, and seems to be a bridge between video gaming and more traditional board gaming. I already own several board game conversion on the Ipad which are very impressive.

So I have been looking into this subject a lot lately, as well as In Our Time and Material World on BBC Radio 4.

There are some Dungeons and Dragons board games that look really fun. Being in Thailand poses a problem, and having no one to play them with, though it must be said that Oi is a massive fan of Carcassonne. She plays several online games a day and I am hoping to lure her in with some other treats, though she does seem to be dedicated to one game at a time. Before this it was Plants Vs. Zombies which now lies neglected. However, board games are a more robust beast and demand a greater level of admiration than a mere video game.

Anyway, I have discovered these Dungeons and Dragons board game which seem rather appealing to my tiny Chinese mind, and on the geeky Board Game Geek forums they state that some titles are to be converted to the Ipad. This is interesting news and if I cannot find a way to acquire a physical copy let alone some fool to play it with me, maybe I can lay my grubby hands on an ipad version.

For you geeks, here is a video review of the third in the series, The Legend of Dritzz. The reviewer is awesome by the way;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRLJ7r3uFZA




No comments:

Post a Comment