Sunday, March 31, 2013

Minecraft Effects

Oh boy, I did get to bed before midnight last night, but I was up again at 5 to continue my adventure before Grace came looking for me to go to the playground.

The adventure is great. After building a fortress hidden in a mountain range with windows overlooking both side and setting up a lot of stone columns with torches in the surrounding area outside for landmarks and to light the place up in those terrifying nights, I dug deep into the earth searching for iron. It was nasty work though and very dangerous.

I woke up one fine day and whilst collecting sand to make more windows I decided to trek along the shoreline for a stretch. The landscape quickly changed from alpine to jungle. I cut a path through the creepers and bushes and found an attractive pond just inland. It was getting late so I dug a small shelter in the earth and secured myself inside for the night. Whilst doing a bit of mining in my humble camp I uncovered an underground chasm. I saw horrible beasts down there looking up at me. I quickly blocked it up and waited for dawn.

I set off again further along the coast but ran into some monsters that nailed me. I lost my stuff and was respawned close to my mountain fortress. Since then a lag has crept into play, which I am desperately trying to fix by a multitude of defragging and running cleaning software and updating java.

Also, blistering headaches have appeared and my eyes are sore. All this in less than a day.

I feel gutted that my brain can't cope with staring at a screen anymore, even though I desperately want to carry on my adventure. I also noted I became snappy and grumpy, something I know technology can do to an individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment