Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Cabana Beach




Yesterday afternoon, after the pay came through we headed off to Cabana Beach for a long awaited break. Just one night but it was very well received. Grace was uber excited and swam and played the the sand for ages.

There was a cool bar on the beach where I had a couple of beers, some French fries and a burger.

The bungalow was pleasant, however the air con was freezing and I hardly slept. I did switch it off for a space until Grace complained and Oi turned it back on again. I listened all night to Joseph Campbell lecturers about the relevance of stories in our lives which was fascinating.

I got up very early and walked along the beach at dawn. I had left my shoes (my only pair) when I got on the sand, and much to my disgust, they were gone when I came back a bit later. I was really ticked off and complaining to Oi. We wandered around looking for them and asked in one of the roadside food stalls. They told us dogs take them. We wandered along the road and Oi suddenly spied them in another stall. She asked politely and a fat lady returned them saying first a dog brought them in and then that it was a little boy. Who knows?

We had some coffee in a beach side restaurant and took a walk up the shoreline. When it started to heat up we headed back home. There is little point in hanging about there in the blazing heat when we could be relaxing at home.

It was a welcome break.

1 comment:

  1. Funny about the shoes.

    Love those sedate pine trees hanging out at the beach

    ReplyDelete