Thursday, April 4, 2013

London Pride


Early this morning I headed out to the Macro Cash and Carry supermarket. We did a mean green yesterday, and it felt good. I am keen to keep this up and prolong this feeling of goodness and of health. I also bought some kidney beans to prepare my mean bean chili, that makes going to the toilet such a delight. I won't even tell you what the mean green juice does to the nether regions, other than to compare it to silky velvet. No more roids for me, that's for sure. Something that has seen me hospitalised in the distant past.

Anyway, there I was, leisurely perusing the aisles, observing everything and making mental records; an astonishing vegetable section in Macro, it must be said. And damn cheap, and rarely another soul around to annoy me.

I spied the booze section away away and promised myself a viewing later. After searching the pharmacy section for Aloe Vera gel for a nasty array of bites I received at Cabana beach, and finding nothing, I stopped to admire the grog. HOLY SHIT!!!!! There before me stood, like soldiers, a neat, little array of bottles of London Pride. Fuck, I couldn't believe it! Not only is it an ale, but an ale that only in recent years advanced to the ranks of the My Favourite Ales list, to which others, namely Spitfire, confirmed by Jimmy V had been unceremoniously dropped after years of careful analysis and supping.

I was so excited I didn't quite know what to do next. It was like finding gold, and in full view of all and sundry.

I wizzed away with my trolley and deliberated a course of action. Heading back, I discreetly enquired of the price of such a vessal of nectar. 89 Baht! Jesus! Is it my birthday? Stupid booze purchasing hours, introduced by uber capitalist and all round cunt, Taksin, scuppered by plans for immediate acquisition. I headed home.

Back at the abode, I announced to Oi of my discovery. Her frowning face just made me cringe. Why even try to explain? I headed back out with Grace and the promise of a trip to the infinitely more upmarket Tesco's with kids amusements. I secured four bottles. I dreamed of six, but figured that greedy.

I skipped about with Grace. We played air hockey, bought snacks and tonic water, now back in stock, ice cream and hurried home.

Bottles now cooling in the fridge and my second gin and tonic almost empty. I do love the holidays, and a one o'clock alcoholic refreshment. I also found some olives, actually in plentiful supply in Thailand. I don't know who else buys them but Oi and, especially Grace, love olives with avengence.

At some point today, I shall open the London Pride and sup as no other has ever supped before, indulgently relishing each greedy mouthful. What a miracle, and something I never thought I would see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment