Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Hummus

Don came over for the Songkran weekend which was nice. I hadn't seen him in a few months when he visited Hat Yai very briefly. He was in good health and we exchanged tips on balanced living. He always has some new tip to improve one's health.

The weather was fairly appalling, but being Canadian he didn't mind a long ride to the beach in the rain at all. I had flashbacks of mountain biking as we wormed our way around puddles on the dirt track.

The beach was great, but there were preparations being made for the Songkran water festival insanity. Police were everywhere. After a coffee in a beach front rock bar we headed home along the coast rode. Again, I thought of childhood holidays in Scotland as the rain lashed down and the smell of mussels and seawater permeated the air. It was great fun.

We got through some beers and some gin. I showed him Kick Ass and he tried to show me a new documentary called Chasing Ice. Unfortunately the copy I downloaded was bogus, so we'll have to wait on that one.

He headed home on Monday and was back within three hours. He's looking for a job for the new term.

Life returns to normal and I took Grace to the supermarket and I stocked up on potatoes.

I have been completely hooked on Might and Magic Duel of Champions card game, and have foolishly parted with some cash to get some, oh so cool and powerful cards. It's ridiculous how exciting it is to open a newly purchased pack of cards and see what you're gonna get. I did quite well and got some special Wolf Marksmen and Wolf Praetorian cards. I can now officially kick ass. I have been homing my skills with one deck of cards and slowly learning every dirty trick to win the duel.

I am a regular customer of apps for Grace too, and there are some corkers. The company Toca Hoca seem particularly excellent and they have a doctors, a kitchen, a tea party and a house cleaning app among their collection. Grace loves them and they make good reasons to converse and expand her vocabulary. Right now she is just bonkers about pussy cats and strangles every unfortunate moggie that happens to cross her path. She is a very happy little girl which brings joy to Oi and myself.

Two weeks left until I have to go to the school. I am looking forward to it actually as I won't be teaching little kids anymore.

I have a bunch of cooking to do before that however. Today I finally got some chick peas with which I intend to have a stab at making Hummus. Here's to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment