Saturday, April 6, 2013

Game Time

As I am sure the fathers who read this will know finding time to yourself is hard work. I am lucky with Oi and will Grace that it ain't too bad. I think with relocating to Chum Pon and being friendless Oi is quite aware that I need some time away from the little princess. "Daddy. Come on!" is repeated several hundred times a day. I'm fine in the morning but but late afternoon I start to want my own time. All three of us fight over the ipad; Oi for Carcassonne, Grace for a number of kids games (research Hoca Poca (or something) for some great kid apps, and me for a number of board/card/fantasy games. I keep drooling over a bunch of great games sadly inaccessible to me, but the ipad does offer some hope of gems being made available.

I have just started playing a new free one called, "Might and Magic - Duel of Champions". I have cunningly downloaded it for the PC too for when the ipad is unavailable. It looks like quite an engaging game should anyone be interested or fancy a battle.

Along with this, and after many days scouring the Net I have acquired all of World Party's works, including last years "Arkeology" album which offers no less than 70 songs. Like The Stranglers, Karl Wallinger's lyrics seem even more relevant today as they did 20 years ago. Kinda sad things have gotten a whole lot worse and "avarice and greed" are dividing us all ever more potently.

That report, which included some Thai MPs, about the British Virgin island tax haven, housing, I think it was 32 trillion dollars, beggars belief. Funny how personnel corruption multiplied by several hundred thousand busy bodies can have just an effect on global welfare. I could ask you why anyone gets up to go to work at all, but that might be too much to bare. Feed the machine, feed the machine. As Zerzan said, no one really agrees with what's happening, but the inertia carries it on. And my other disappointing theory of how occupations involved in extraction pay the highest salaries.

Hello? Brother Rob is calling...


No comments:

Post a Comment