Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Fantasy Cards

My days have been most pleasant, but not without headaches.

Here on this estate, named sadly, Sunny View (I think Hat Yai had a Garden View estate), is quite idyllic. Every morning at about 7 I take Grace to the playground to go on the swings. I always try to talk to her as much as possible to keep the language flowing and building.

Often, like today, we will go for a swim which is also extremely pleasant and refreshing. The pool is very clean right now and the old guy who looks after it wades about picking up stray leaves that have fallen in from the trees overhead. Grace loves it and is quite proficient at swimming across the pool, albeit in a swimming ring.

Besides this, my day is tailored around my morning coffee, cereal, cooking a tasty lunch (fried onions, garlic and peppers over a jacket potato), and multiple leisurely, though somewhat intense, duel matches of Might and Magic online card game. The first day I was so enthralled and the concentration levels, thus not looking away from the screen, high. This resulted in a nasty headache which simmers at the edge of my mind. Strange how addiction pushes one to carry on whilst enduring physical pain. Some great advise passed to me long ago, "If it hurts, stop doing it."

However, the game is great and free. I would encourage anyone to download it and have a blast.

Conflict in North Korea looms. China ever pushing its boundaries. Let's hope the region stays safe.

While pursuing the Guardian I came across a bunch of educated folks praising the soundtrack to Tron Legacy. It was from a panning review of the new Tom Cruise (the miniature mentalist) flick, Oblivion and some comments led to this topic. I searched it on Pirate Bay and found it. By a group called Daft Punk, its playing now, breaking my month long love affair with everything World Party, and am loving it. Very Blade Runner. Would recommend for those looking for something new, something deep, dark and sci-fi.

Don is coming here very soon for a couple of days. It will be good to see someone I know, or as Keith Richard said, "It's good to see anyone!" I hope we will have a few beers, some cool bike rides along the coast and some chat.

1 comment: