Saturday, March 23, 2013

Beach and River

 Today, I rode the motorcycle to the beach where we stayed with Mum back in October, Canbana Beach. Although hot, it was quite stunning and I took the slow road back to town along the coast. Almost deserted and winding from cove to cove. It was great fun. I eventually found myself back in town, acquired some gin, limes, ice and soda water. There is still no tonic here from the floods two years ago which destroyed the factory.

 On the way home I stopped to observe an enormous tree. It stood by a river, so I suggested we take Grace there in the evening. She had cut her knee the previous day in the naff swimming pool on the estate. This, however, was a wonderful alternative. Before too long she was in the water collecting snails and shrimps. Oi knew all the species and which ones you could eat.


 There is a rather fun suspension bridge across the river which wobbles and can take a motorcycle. As you can see there is a great area for paddling and swimming.


 The giant tree is indeed special and has ribbons tied around it. It looks pretty old. I would say between 200-300 years old. The roots are enormous.

A great evening and another great place to hang out, and a 2 minute ride from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment