Saturday, September 7, 2013

Holiday Looms

Saturday night and still reeling from exhaustion. OI and myself have been running on empty and, for me, just in time. I teach normal classes on Monday and then Tuesday exams start. For this I need to sign in every day and check the kids have their test papers, then I can come home. I have to keep signing in for a few weeks but am free to come home again. I will still my private work at the other place and have taken on weekend work which will bring in another 4K for a weekend stint.

The bike is incredible and I took a ride ay 6 this morning and again tonight. It's very light and I was flying around Sunnyview, utilizing every piece of rough terrian to get the off-road feel I love. Hopefully tomorrow I can head out with Arun and Martin, a couple of teachers in town. Actually, Arun is a great pal, hailing from Blackburn and about 28. His girlfriend runs the office I do the privates. A lovely Northern soul, likes PC games, art, mountain bikes and gin and tonics. These guys ride on the road. I want to get them onto trails which is so much fun. I plan to do a lot of riding in the hols and get some exploring and technical riding underway.

Grace's bike is also top banana, and she loves it. She can pound along at quite a pace. A decent bike makes all the difference. We go out a couple of times a day now bombing around the estate.

I have a high res copy of Cross of Iron, and am on S2E10 of Breaking Bad and progressing at a fair rate. It's all good.

Purchasing the bike set me back, so I am having to budget. I procured a bottle of dark rum made in India today, and I have to say, it tastes as good as Captain Morgans, so it looks like I can save myself 300 a pop. What wilh Gilbey's Gin which I can get at 295 Baht in Makro, I am on my way to setting up a booze cabinet. There's a vodka Don recommended that I want to pick up and I am setting myself up to start making Ginger Beer in the hols.

Downloaded the discography of The Cat Empire. Aussie Ska-Reggae-Jazz and very nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment