Monday, September 30, 2013

Officially On Holiday

As of today, I am officially on holiday. That being, not being required to ride into town at seven in the morning, sign my name on a form, and ride all the way back home again. And we're trying to be environmentally responsible? Fuck off. Just another example of, "I'm the boss, and you will do as I command." A foolish attitude which will come to your detriment further on down the road.

Anyway, this morning I set off early to Makro and bought a huge pile of fruit and vegetables and a litre of olive oil (405Baht - about 8 pounds). I also had to spend 20 baht at the cashpoint to withdraw 1000 Baht because the cashpoint of my bank was empty. Weak.

So, the fruits are bathing in water as I write and will soon be atomised and transformed into a delicious and mega-healthy juice. This will be, apples, lemons, carrots and celery. For the first time ever, I'm going to do two juices. I will make another one and drink them both today.

Also, about to be prepared is my studs, onion, chilis, toms, and garlic concoction, all wonderfully fried in, oh so expensive olive oil. This should set me up for the day.

I should try to get out on the bike, but I'm feeling a little delicate after last nights rum baba session.

Young Gracie finishes school in a couple of days. Mater, of course is required to continue working like a slave, thus leaving me to entertain the little one for at least a couple of weeks. I hope I survive this exhausting experience. My current strategy is to get her out of the house, so I think I'll be taking her up the coast to the beach and do some serious outdoor activities. I'm tempted to try to spend the night up there, but we'll see how that one develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment