Thursday, September 12, 2013

Holiday relax fun

Had the last exam at school today. We had to go in and "be around" for a while, handing out spare copies of tests if there was a mix up in the system. My co-worker is Karen, a cool American lady of about 40ish from 'Sisco and a lovely soul. We have coffee together now and again and relate our life experiences. A brave lady.

Now I have to sign in for the next few weeks until my holiday officially starts on 1st October until 21st Oct. Hopefully, if Oi's fascist school allows, we can slip away somewhere for a break. Procuring the mountain bike was a great idea for when I need to get some exercise, though the climate dictates morning and evening rides, and then I am taking care of Grace most of the time. We have fun though riding around Sunnyview together. Her bike is quite super for a 4 year old and she can get up quite a speed. I try to warn her about corners and on-coming traffic, but she ain't the best at listening.

Listening to a lot of the Cure these days and The Cat Empire, who I would recommend.

Also, playing a lot of World of Tanks and nearly at reacquiring a KV, as I lost my account details from years before. Also, have a Lee and a Hetzer on the go. Great fun and completely free.

A kind chap at work, Les from Stoke on Trent, in his 50's is proving a rare surprising friend. He makes his own Ginger beer and plays World of Tanks. Very straight talker. When I asked him what he was doing in the holidays, he had no qualms in immediately responding with, "Playing games and masturbating", regardless of who was in the room. He said he brewed some potent ginger beer with hallucinogenic qualities, and he is no bullshit merchant. He was given the role at our school of, "shirt inspector", checking if we are all properly attired.

Working with some great people actually.

5th wedding anniversary tomorrow and I made a supreme effort to get Oi and nice present. Offered it tonight but she very wisely said she would wait for the morrow.

Been frying up onions, garlic and chilies in olive oil and saute spuds. Served with tuna mayo salt and pepper and very yummy. Hoping to get some hummus up and running, some apple and carrot juices and lots of yummy veg cooking - I love the olive oil/garlic combo. Gonna do a bunch of tomatoes soon and make some kind of spag bol as it has been years. Also will get kidney beans up on the menu and some serious chili dishes. Super yummy.

Thought I might do a Mac cheese as I never eat cheese anymore, though I love it. Make a good holiday feast.

Halfway through season 3 of Breaking Bad and loving it, though I guess it always tails off a bit mid season. Actually, I am still kind of astounded I broke season 2 as it took me about 2 years.

Very little stimulates me to watch these days, I have to say. Kind sad. I don't know why. I prefer to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment