Saturday, August 31, 2013

I got it

I have the bike. It's a Trek 3700 model. I hadn't been on a bike in over 10 years. It's a beauty. I rode it home, scary in this country. I kept trying to look in the mirror that wasn't there. I have been speeding about Sunnyview attempting bunnyhops and succeeded in cutting my foot in my sad plastic shoes that fell off.

We got Grace a new one too. Her old one was like a very heavy toy which would hardly go. I found a great one with proper wheels and spokes and it goes like a dream. She too has been wizzing about the estate. I'm terrified of the Thai drivers though who will slow down at nothing.

Last night I researched making ginger beer which I shall attempt in the October break.

I had a brainwave and am downloading The Karate Kid which I am hoping is a movie Oi may enjoy, "wax on, wax off".

Tomorrow I plan a ride which I have devised. It's going to be awesome. The thing that struck me the most as I rode home through the country lanes was the silence of my bike. No engine. No noise. It was magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment