Friday, August 30, 2013

Bike

I'm hoping to get a new bike as soon as I can figure out how to get into town and bring it home again. I have also seen a decent one for Grace but I want her to sit on it first to check the size. My one is going to be a Trek mountain bike. I did quite extensive research and went armed with a tape measure, asked lots of questions, made mental assessments of the people talking to me. The folks were all decent actually. I can't imagine a shithead selling bicycles to be honest. One guy though couldn't get around the frame size dilemma. Thais are small and 19" bikes are hard to find.

We are all working pretty damn hard of late. Twice this week Grace fell asleep on OI's bike on the way home from school and didn't wake up again until the next morning. I told her to take a nap at school in the daytime, which she promptly has started doing. Oi is working flat out at school too. As a result there is little time for anything else.

I went out last Friday as it was Jon's birthday and had a great time. We ended up back at his gaff for some late night Playstation 2 tennis. I got home at three in the morning.

Last night (Friday again) I stayed home, having secured another bottle of rum which kept me company as I watched music videos on Utube.

I have to work this Sunday which really limits my time this weekend.

My lower back pain has been bad of late, despite the new chair, but my 2nd boss told me about magnesium tablets. I got some, actually calcium and magnesium, and they appear to be working. I do my best to keep away from any dairy food as part of my diet.

The school canteen has me reeling. Acres and acres of food stalls selling meat, meat and meat. There was one stall that sold salad but they stopped because no one bought it. One old lady sells fruit and lately I have just been eating her produce. It's sad viewing seeing all the fat kids in the school and everyone seems oblivious to the fact that there may be something wrong. A nation that once lived on fruit and vegetables and only used meat as a flavour have done a big 180. I think in about ten years there is going to be a lot of people keeling over. That and the road traffic fatalies, six times great than UK, it makes for scary stuff every time you venture out.

Still, there is always the war. Hey! I am so glad UK voted no go. Hague and DVD Dave are furious, and can you believe they were caught calling Miliband a "fucking cunt". Kind of shows you the level of people running the country. Looks like USA has to go it alone, or at least with France. That should be a laugh. I wonder if Freedom Fries will be on the menu in the marines canteen. Russia supplying arms to Assad. China completely out of it as usual. They'll be jumping all over Japan and the South China Sea before too long.

Sad world.

No comments:

Post a Comment