Friday, February 28, 2014

First Unofficial Day of the Holidays

It's Saturday morning. I am quite free now really, though odds and ends remain. I have to waltz around the school on MOnday for about 30 minutes as my students do my exam, then I have to sign iun for the next two weeks every morning, and I have my private classes that will continue throughout the holidays. But, more or less, I am now on holiday.

Along with this goes looking after Gracie as Oi, being Thai, doesn't get too much holiday and will have to go to her school, and I will have to take care of Gracie who will be on holiday. A daunting task, though Oi has agreed to take Gracie to school some days so I can have some time to myself.  By the end of a busy day with Gracie I am ready to retire. She's hard work and wants to do things all the time, whereas I just want to relax in a chair and watch Downton Abbey.

I imagine in years to come it will get easier.

There's a few things I want to get started in the holidays. I want get get a table and chairs for outside, so I can sit in the garden and enjoy the quiet. I also want to do some gardening to make my little "Drinkers Corner" as tranquil as possible.

Then there's the cooking. I plan to get some hummus and chilli on the go very soon. Also, plenty of walking and bike rides. That should keep me healthy and busy enough.

One shall also attempt to get through Downton Abbey, more of Breaking Bad and some new ones I've discovered. Namely, The Pillars of the Earth and series 2 of "House of Cards" with Kevin Spacey.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment