Saturday, February 1, 2014

Exhausted

It's Saturday evening. I was forced to work all day by the idiot right-wing school director. It's horribly nationalistic here; ranting speeches and prolonged clapping every morning at assembly. Sometimes I imagine that they are marching into civil war, proud and strong. It's sad.

I have a case of Beer Lao that Lesley very kindly secured for me when he went to Makro. I went over to his place and after a chat brought it back on the bike. Beer Lao is not half bad, with a dark reddish colour and a distinct hoppy flavour. This makes it leagues ahead of the dreadful competition that Thailand allows its populus to drink. A rich few holding the tastebuds of an entire nation for a few extra Baht. Surely, a crime against humanity, if anyone had the sense to realise it.

Dominic has been about of late and his daughter, Natalie has become Grace's best friend from in the suburban oasis that is Sunnyview. Dominic insists it's Sunnyville. Somehow we must solve this mystery.

Elections tomorrow here in Thailand and it is tittering on blood and death on the streets. We shall see.

I am exhausted and working for the next 8 days straight. Oh dear me.

No comments:

Post a Comment