Friday, December 6, 2013

Beer for Wine

A Friday evening and feeling very restless. A desperate urge to get out of the house and mix with men. I don't know why, or maybe I do, if I could be bothered to think about it.

Unfortunately, my few sources of entertainment are already engaged, or doing stuff I don't care to do. Also, living out of town I have to be very careful about remaining rather sober for the grim ride home.

I've been drinking wine of late. Lesley put me onto the 5 litre boxes of Mont Clare. It's agreeable for sure, but I have found I'm not really laughing with it, like I do with beer. So tonight, after feeling a bit glum, I popped out and picked up some crap beer, and yes, after merely a sip, I feel a lighter, funner buzz that can brighten my mood. It must the the chemicals in it I was missing.

Oi and I are both having nightmare times at our respective school. Idiots abound and destroy any hope of progression or goodness. Some of these fuckwits would astound you. It's amazing they remember to breath. Neither of us now if we will last. I haven't really thought about Hat Yai too much, but boy the folks there were fairly smart upstairs. Oi's school is riddled with gossip and slack, superior teachers deciding if they are going to teach that day or not, while at my school, they communicate with the native English teachers by sticking notes on our door stating that we are required to work on Sunday to make up for the day they took off to protest. I won't be going, nor will my colleagues.

Grace is full on, and it's hard to remain calm at all times with her constant demands.

I am hoping relief will come soon, in magical form.

Solace is found in ipad game Sorcery, a book-game adventure, wandering through a desolate land with birds chirping and wind blowing through super headphones. I was loving it as my crippled body lay on the mattress - almost transported to strange lands.

Movies and TV I find almost impossible to watch. I just can't engage, even though I would love too.

My back pains are still lingering and sitting down, or to be more accurate getting up, proves horribly sore. I am almost at the stage where I just have to keep standing up at all times.

Hmmm.....I need to hone my alignments to achieve harmony once more.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like tough times. Bert it would all be a lot easier to bear without the back pain. That shit wears you down like mere numptys never can.
    I'll be mailing about the back.

    ReplyDelete