Thursday, November 28, 2013

Revolutionary Days

So, at home on Friday as the mob invade the government buildings.

For me, it meant, a day with Grace. Her school is flooded, meaning OI must go to clean up and Grace stays home with me.

Early on, she's getting bored so we went to the town park and fed the fish. For the briefest time I didn't have enough money to buy some bread to feed the fish, but then the pay cheque was in the bank as we made our way into town and I am flush again for a few days. Feeding the fish was fun, though the park is very soggy and waterlogged. Cloudy skies reminded me of an estate outside Leeds or somewhere, teenage kids pissing about and old men sitting on benches.

Then we were of to Tesco. Christams has arrived and we both got caught up in the fever and bought a few trinkets for the big day. I acquired my main objective of a 5 litre box of red wine, coffee and cereal.

Grace insisted on KFC against my better judgement. Every time is turns into a thoroughly depressing experience; mangey old, dark red meat, a tiny, likewarn packet of stale fries and a splash of concentrated Coke mix.

Then a family of enormous, miserable looking people came and sat opposite with huge plates of chicken. I had to leave asap. For a moment I thought I was in Commercial road. I need some free time to get down to flooded Makro and acquire a bag of veg to juice and guzzle.

At home now,  with a bundle of cool tunes and wine and battling off a very demanding Grace who cannot stop for even a second.

Oh Boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment