Friday, December 27, 2013

Saturday

Saturday morning and we are now all on holiday. Grace is so active now it often becomes way too much for my delicate misdemeanour. It's hard to remain calm at times with the constant tsunami of questions and demands. However, she is a very happy kid and very alert, which is a good thing. We try to take it in turns amusing her, while the other gets some much needed downtime, and we run a pretty fair ship.

Oi had some friends over last night for a dinner. I retired early and got some well needed rest, fading out to Melvin Bragg discussing the divine rite of kings.

This Thief mod is really amazing. Though I know most people have no interest in video games at all, this one is a master that is surprisingly seductive even fdor the most skeptic person. Dark medievil streets, hiding in shadows. Creeping through an open window, picking locks and looting golden treasures. And of course there is the hilarious coughs, moans and comments from the guards, priests, maids and nobles that inhabit the game. There appears to be a lot of user written missions on a new engine which is superior to the official Thief game. There are new options and control features too, but the core remains very true to the original. It's a game that has you quitting in frustration when the guards spots you and slices you up, only to log in again a few minutes later to try again.

Looking at a few days break now and will do my darnest to enjoy it to the full. I got a Mean Green soaking in water which will put me in good stead. You feel like you've been injected with a powerful stimulant when you drink one of those things. It's so stinking strong your whole body is reacting to it.

I had been indulging in sausages and bacon of late and drinking a faie spot of wine, and the 'roids came back. I did my best to fight back by drinking lots of water, vitamin C, sitting in warm water and even sticking a warm teabag on it (thanks, Pete. Tea from Ceylone). I also stuffed down a banana I found at work and ate some vegetables at Oi's dinner party. This morning I feel no pain and have yet to quaff the Meanest Green.

My body is actually holding together quite well, considering I am not exercising. I have been keeping the yoga going and my diet is normally pretty healthy. The ten or so stretching exercises I found on the Net for lower back pain, all help to relieve pain. It's great that something like yoga can make such a difference.

So, some free time ahead. I hope Grace won't be demanding trips to Play World too much


 

No comments:

Post a Comment