Friday, May 9, 2014

Work Work Work then Holiday

Three days back at work then a holiday.

Wow. It was gruelling, and yet I really enjoyed it. This year I am teaching M2 and M5  (13 and 16 year olds) and I have a male assistant named Port. He is a gamer and a DOTA 2 player, which is a hardcore team game played worldwide. He's a nice guy. Quite nervous at the start but seems like a good bloke and normal.

Added to this class sizes are 50 students. I laid down the law stating that anyone messing about would instantly be kicked out and marked as absent. Having a Thai in the room should sort out behavoir.

So, Friday and a holiday. Just as well as my body is aching from working again.

I have spent the day gaming and searching and acquiring new games and playing old favourites, namely Panzer Corps.

Last night I went down to the town and met up with the boys. It was a lot of fun and the folks here are a crack. A big crowd of English and Americans and everyone gets along fine.

I'm quite keen to knock out some lessons on Powerpoint and develop my approach to teaching older kids. So far it's been fun and my secong year at this school has all the Thai people there that much friendlier towards me, as is usually the case.

The money from the house sale in Southsea came through and later this month we will buy the house in Sunnyview that we are renting now. That will mean an instant saving of 6,000 baht a month in rent which will be awesome. I also got a 3,000 baht a month increase at my school so we will have a lot more cash. Hell, maybe we can even like, go somewhere!

Game heaven at the moment. The list is;

Panzer Corps
Might and Magic Duel of Champions.
Blackguards (new one, downloading as I type)
Warhammer Quest (ipad)
Shadowrun Returns

All great.

TV. Vikings just ended season 2 and was fucking amazing. It's a must watch.
Game of Thrones is watchable but pretty boring.

Planning to extend the kitch at the house and we have to shear up the back of the house as the ground is falling away as we are on the egde of the site. Oi's family will do it to reduce costs. Having a bigger kitchen will be awesome as we both constantly cook. Then I will make an outdoors drinking corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment