Friday, June 7, 2013

Weekend

Saturday morning and blessed rest. We will take Grace to the beach later and stay overnight in a bungalow.

It's all work right now and feeling pretty tired when I'm not working.

The school has piled on an English camp in a couple of weeks. No pay, of course and it means working 12 days straight with no break. That should be tough. The boys ain't happy about it, but what choice do we have?

The school is riddled with politics and I shall have to be very firm about remaining neutral and just doing my job. I refuse to be drawn into anything. It does not interest me at all and is toxic.

Home life is sweet and Grace is being very good. Oi has a few scares about Grace's behavior, but any fears quickly evaporate. Grace seems to listen then act accordingly to put any errors in check.

In between working, I just catch snatches of game play and vaguely viewed movies and TV show. I suppose this is just not the time in life to be getting into anything very much as real life supplies all the action I need.

No doubt this will change one day.

Peter is due to visit in July I believe which will be awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Your life is echoing my own a bit. I was tentatively asked by our Head if i could do the secondary school summer camp, third week of June. I explained that leaving my pregnant wife and child at this time was not really appropriate. The head is a kindly man and wholly understood. However, a full-time secondary school teacher questioned me about my decision. Apparently the ones who should go and who don't want to, have found my answer not to their liking. However, as the Director is a great leader and much feared, people are very cautious about what they say.
    Like you, I back peddle away from making any kind of criticism and refuse to be drawn on matters beyond light remarks. Peace reigns thanks entirely to the Director. I just love teaching and organising my classes.
    In one Tefl outfit i worked for there was a teacher who incessantly criticized management and other colleagues at breaktimes. Such was my surprise when i received a stern telling off for voicing one of her opinions to my boss. And my further surprise at her total silence in meetings.

    ReplyDelete