Friday, June 21, 2013

Night Before the Camp

Friday night and relaxing before the camp this weekend.

I got my visa for next year. My new boss, Rojana, did a great job of talking to crap officials and driving me around the town to get my work permit and visa. I should have had to go to Penang in Malaysia which I was dreading, but they pulled a miracle.


So the camp tomorrow, so tonight I will stay in and have a couple of beers at home and listen to some tunes and a couple of games of DOC. Maybe some Call of Juarez for some cowboy gunfighting.

Payday next week and Oi is keen to buy the house we are renting. It's a good idea, but it might push us on the cash side and it looks like I am going to have a work a fair bit extra in the evenings.A shame the wages here are sorrowful. It's embarassing actually, but its the way things are here. Most people get appalling wages while multi millionnaires waltz passed them in their mercs etc, living in massive mansions with basketball courts and walled gardens.And complain about anything and you are made to feel bad to dare insult Thai culture. I don't want to bash but a comment I read sums it up nicely.

"You can't teach a Thai anything because they know best."

Explains why they came 56th out of 58 in Asian English speaking countries competition. Oh dear.

Still, the countryside is so nice. I love my morning ride to work, along a small country lane passed a scattering of small farms and lush jungle and fields. I love it. The rainy season coming in makes the weather really lovely right now.

Camp at the beach tomorrow and a sleepover so hopefully have a laugh with the other refugees, I mean, English teachers. We can have some beers after and chill out. Apparently we have to share a bungalow. Looks like I may be sharing with some tubby American dude I am yet to meet. The comment in the office was that if he's a fatty, then he'll snore like a bastard.

No comments:

Post a Comment