Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Busy Life

Wow!

Working hard and being busy.

School is going fine. I attempt to keep way above the kids with japs, cutting comments, plenty of banter in Thai and "stand up and speak" fingers at as many kids as I can possibly fit into the 50 minute periods. It seems to work. I know the beginning is crucial and I went in with a light sabre, dismembering any shit head kids.

This week, the second, and I am not as exhausted as I was last week. I can still do stuff at home before crashing, and I try to stay up a bit to get some gaming in, or watch a movie or TV series.

I finished Game of Cards season one, which was incredible.

And I watched Margin Call, with Spacey which was amazing and about the 2008 financial meltdown.

In Might and Magic Duel of Champions I am starting to soar and become a killer player. I really love this game and a new expansion with 103 new cards is coming out at the end of May, so I am excited about that. The artwork and community of players is top drawer and some really cool guys help out on the forums.

I have started playing another Beta game, Neverwinter Dungeons and Dragons, which is pretty fun too.

Sudden Strike Forever awaits game play with brother Rob and comrade Peter at our convenience. It took a while to find a decent release which will allow multiplayer and this one has a ton of maps. Let's hope it proves good.

I also went ahead and bought Company of Heroes through Steam, along with zombie bashing Dead Island.

Chum Pon is fine and tranquil. I am so glad we are here where nearly every aspect of living is better than Olde Hat Yai. I keep having to remind myself how beautiful it is here.

I take the slow road to school, down the dirt track and under the railway bridge where you have to duck your head to avoid a collision. It's a lovely ride every morning.

I went for a drink with Jon from school and some of his English buddies. In fact they are all English apart from a lady from San Francisco who started yesterday.

Grace starts school proper on Thursday though she has been accompanying Oi as she prepares for the start of the new term. I fear she will be leagues ahead of the babies that make up a usual Kindergarten One class.

Though cash is tight this month, I sneaked in a couple of London Pride's to lighten my evening. How wonderful it is to relish that flavour on my palette right now.

So, right now I am pretty busy, but as yet, surviving fairly well. Hopefully in a couple of months I will have some private work and start taking command of the board. It is just a game, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment