Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Sleep

That sleep article on the BBC news website is amazing. The comments after, terrifying. Dozens of folk stating they can't sleep. Out here, I never have a problem. I do get up early, but I go to bed early too, and I sleep deeply.

We sleep on the floor side by side, but we are quite far apart. We sleep on duvets with a pillow, a sausage (which is so good to crock you leg over) and a blanket. I often where a T-shirt which prevents my arms itching (a condition I suffer from).

I have a dull lamp which I always put on early and a soft blowing fan aimed only at my feet.

It's a very comfortable environment, and after a quick listen of the radio, I am gone.

It's very still out in the country and the air is good.

Quite worrying to hear all those folks back home talking of severe sleep deprivation. From this new research it has a direct link to immune system and and damage and stress.

After swimming for a couple of months I feel pretty fit. Something that I must maintain. Diet has also been fairly good, though there have been binges that have left me feeling unwell.

No comments:

Post a Comment