Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Amour


 Wonderful movie, full of  compassion. Typically French, with wit and beautiful cinematography.


On other matters I went to my school today (Thida) and joined in the end of term send off for the Year 3 kindergarten kids. There was a special leaving bit for me and everyone, even the cook, cheered me on and joined in for a party and laughter. I made a brief speech and thanked all the Thai teachers for being so kind to me. Thai emotion is a strange thing. It can remain hidden for a very long time, only to have a small window open up for them to show very real kindness. I've been there about 5 years and know all of them. It was quite sorrowful and an hour long photo session ensued in which I was individually photographed with everyone in the school and a percentage of the parents too.

Coming home I spotted and successfully avoided a police check point by doing a U turn.

Days away from the night train to the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment