Monday, July 14, 2014

Building Work

It's a few days at home for us all. There is building work going on. We are doubling the size of the kitchen at the rear and putting up an outside roof with a tiled area for outside lunches and parties. We also had the rear wall reinforced and a drainage system that picks up water from all around the house and discharges it into the street at the front. The builder is a family friend and a lovely guy. They work fast and hard. Every day there has been substantial progress made. The roof is up already and the existing kitchen stripped and one wall knoked down to ajoin the extension. All quite exciting really, as all these things (buying the house, having extensions etc. are suddenly a reality). A bit different to the normal renting, living from paycheck to paycheck as is the norm.

Indeed, I have positively spoiled myself with games from Battlefield Bangkok. The kind chap, Chris from UK, I believe and a Tai Kuondo expert runs the shop and is super kind with lightening  efficiency. My games are ordered from overseas, arrive and are dispatched the moment I transfer the money, which isn't a lot for a few games. I just ordered a paint set from Games Workshop (Peter may remember) to coat all my lovely Descent fantasy figures. I bought a super lamp for close-up work; very bright and looks like a robot.

There is a package arriving tomorrow with two expansions for Descent (Trollfens and Halls of Nerekhall) and two entire fleets of Star Wars ship, with which I can commence galactic warfare. In the mail is 2 core sets, X-Wing and TIE fighter expansions, 2x B-Wing expansion, Millenium Falcon and Slave 1. I will be able to conduct a fleet of 7 TIE fighters or 4 X-Wings in a single battle. Quite awesome.

There are more ships on back order (they have to make another batch) of Vader's ship, Y-Wings (my fav), TIE interceptors and Rebel transports, as seen in Hoth escape in Empire Strikes Back.

I have been spending soothing moments neatly trimming the various cards and really look forward to painting goblins and heroes. I envisage a captivating experience.

Actually, one reason for getting these games is to break up the "drinking every night" culture that exists here; to do something different, though I, for one, got blind on the initial game. I blame it on my nerves.

Enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment