Friday, January 10, 2014

Waiting for Mater

Here I am, Saturday morning waiting for the arrival of Mater. She apparently arrived in Bangkok yesterday at three in the afternoon but has not yet called. I am a tad worried.

Last night I had some ciders, as some of you may have realised by my activity on Facebook. I lovingly had handed over my paycheck to my lovely wife who then announced I had to go go to watch Grace dance on a stage at 8:30 in the morning. My glee instantly vanished. 8:30 in the frigging morning!

I really didn't want to go. Thais also have a nasty habit of dressing up children to look like prostitutes. Something most Westeners have a real problem with.

In the end Oi said that if I didn't want to go, then I didn't have to. Good. I am glad about that, for various reasons. I don't want my life to be spend obeying the crap commands of a school. They take hours to do anything and you have to endure some windbag prattle on for hours and hours and hours.

Bloody Hell.

So that's out of the way.

Things have been getting quite fiery at work too. I have been kicking out up to half the class as they appear to have no knowledge about acceptable behavoir in class. Sleeping, chatting, playing with iphones, throwing water bottle at each other all seems perfectly normal to a Thai. But not to me. I have been playing hardball and doing quite well at it. I locked a bunch of them out before they even arrived the other day. When I enquire to my boss about the situation, I get told, "You're a professional. You can handle it." Ok. Don't worry, I never lose my temper. I just tap them on the shoulder and tell them to get out, which they duly do. We normally end up with about 8 or so students who have good manners.



No comments:

Post a Comment