Monday, January 20, 2014

Mother

Mum arrived with family friends, Jonathan and Sonya.

By lucky chance with all the protesting Oi and I have had time off work. There was a window when we could get to an island. We headed for Koh Payam in nearby Ranong by the Andaman Sea. What a gorgeous place.

We had 4 days in island paradise. I got so fit from all the walking about, along jungle paths and up into the hills, that all my aches and pains have vanished, if but for a short time. We spent time in the sea, riding kayaks, exploring the island on motorbikes and plenty of eating in restaurants. It has to be one of the best islands I've been to, and the first in a very long time. I am hoping we can return there very soon.

Jonathan and Sonya had an amazing time and its nice to see just how stunned they were, never having expereinced anything quite like this before. I was stunned. It's what Thailand's all about - island living.

Back at home now and more protests means more time off work. Oi has so whole week off which is super lucky as she can spend time with Mum.

Grace has been having a ball with grandma here and two new friends to annoy.

Last night I showed them the movie, Dean Spanley, as an appertizer. I also let Jonno listen to Alan Watts for a space.

Gamewise, I have been enjoying the oh so classic Panzer Corps. A table top, traditional wargame, only for the great thinkers and strategists of our time.

No comments:

Post a Comment