Thursday, July 4, 2013

Back from the Brink.

My PC almost died.

I fought like crazy and have got it stabilized. But I very nearly lost it. Of course, it was viruses being transfered from the PC at work. A collegue, David, pointed it out. Of course! Why didn't I see that? All work now has to be emailed from home and picked up at school. Meanwhile I downloaded Ad Aware and that gave it a serious whack. I got my internal harddrive back, packed with movies and games and music and the speed has really picked up. It got stuck on a game though. So, I ain't out of the woods yet. But, what a relief! I was planning the journey across town with the PC on my lap on the bike. Doable, but slightly concerning.

School has been interesting and I feel myself starting to understand a little of how to teach these teens. I always put up easy conversations to read in pairs. Getting them to stand up and talk audiably. This week I asked them to memorize it in a minute. They love it. I found a break through activity, which they enjoy. A few weeks of this and they will have some basic building blocks of how to talk.

BTW I am still listening to Tron Legacy sound track by Daft Punk and it is just a classic. I tried to tell some people, but there was little response.

Still playing Might and Magic Duel of Champions. Also Stone Age on the ipad. Lots of excellent board game conversions on the ipad. New, brilliantly planned board games are out there, and the site Board Game Geek is an excellent place to find out about them. I highly recommend it.

http://boardgamegeek.com/blog/164

No comments:

Post a Comment