Saturday, October 4, 2014

LOTR

I've been reading The Lord of the Rings. It is breath-taking. I kind of read it when I was fourteen, but I had no awareness of what I was reading. I could live in these pages. In fact I intend to, for quite some time. I loved it when they meet Tom Bombadil and then get caught by the barrow-wights. And the journey between Bree and Rivendell is spellbinding. I'm currently at the council of Elrond, but everything makes so much more sense when you know the whole story through the movies. The extra content is fascinating. A shame so much was left out of the movies.

I've spent days floating around the house, drinking coffee, tea, stepping outside to gaze at the jungle over the garden wall, reading, watching selected movies, cooking up huge spag bolls, and other leisurely pursuits. It's been grand.


No comments:

Post a Comment