Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Games

I haven't been active on the blog lately. I find I can put sporadic comments quite easily on FB for the most part. However, sometimes I feel reluctant to put something down as the wider audience may find offence, so I will save my more private thoughts for the blog. I am glad it still has a use. I will attempt to write more often.

Since I have been acquiring and successfully playing these board games I have been quite busy. All the cards involved need to be laminated and there are monster and hero figures to paint and rules to learn. It's been great fun and I am really pleased that Harry and Arun have taken to the games so well. Although the pool of potential players is relatively small, there is rarely a night when it is not a full house that someone is left out wanting to join.

Normally I will host twice a week. It's fairly demanding for me too, organizing and getting everything ready, but it  gets easier and easier as experience is gained.

The main games played are Descent and Star Wars X-Wing. Descent makes a great night of dungeon questing and a lot of grog is drunk before the end. Star Wars requires more thought. I made a huge star map board for it which looks a treat.

The other game which I play solo is The Lord of the Rings Card Game. It's a spell-binding game, but so hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment